Notice! Email Phishing Scam Alert
It has been brought to our attention that there is a current phishing scam utilizing the E-ZPass colors and logo within an email.
Please see the example to the left.
If you have received an email like the one shown and wish to file a complaint, you can file a complaint at www.ic3.gov.
The IC3 is a partnership with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).
For your protection, please do not respond or click on any links provided in this email.
E-ZPass is a remarkable toll collection technology that makes traveling more convenient, helps you save money through discounts offered by many toll facilities, and helps reduce traffic congestion for everyone.
Conventional toll collection methods require you to deposit coins, tickets, and tokens at toll plazas. This hurts highway capacity because the number of vehicles that can be processed at toll plazas is limited.
With E-ZPass' electronic toll collection (ETC) technology, account information on an electronic transponder installed in your car is read by a receiving antenna at the toll plaza. The toll is electronically deducted from your prepaid toll account. Not only does E-ZPass make toll collection more convenient for you, it helps achieve a number of benefits for everyone.
By now, you're probably wondering why you're still paying tolls the old fashioned way with cash, tokens, and tickets. The good news is you can open your E-ZPass prepaid account today! You'll soon be enjoying the benefits of electronic toll collection. The account policies stated on this page are Delaware E-ZPass policies and may not apply at other regional toll facilities.
You should open your account with an average of your monthly toll usage. A $15 one-time fee is charged for each transponder added to a new or existing Delaware E-ZPass account. There are three payment options you can choose from when establishing your E-ZPass account:
- Credit Card - This option is the most convenient because of its Automatic Replenishment feature. Whenever your account reaches a designated threshold amount, your credit card will be charged a replenishment amount which is based upon your monthly toll usage. You'll never have to worry about low toll balances or mailing in a payment as long as your credit card information is up-to-date.
- Personal Check or Money Order - You may establish your prepaid account with a personal check or money order. However, this payment method does not have the Automatic Replenishment feature. That means when your account balance reaches a designated threshold amount, you will be required to mail or hand-deliver your replenishment payment to a Delaware E-ZPass Service Center. You will see a "Call Service Center" indicator as you pass through the toll lane until you have replenished your account.
- Cash - You may establish your prepaid account with cash. However, this payment method does not have the Automatic Replenishment feature. That means when your account balance reaches a designated threshold amount, you will be required to hand-deliver your replenishment payment to a Delaware E-ZPass Service Center. You will see a "Call Service Center" indicator as you pass through the toll lane until you have replenished your account.
Times change, and so do the circumstances in your life. That's why Delaware E-ZPass is committed to provide you with all the information, services, and products you need at our Service Center. Delaware's E-ZPass Service Center is dedicated to exceptional customer service.
Whether you purchase a new car, move, wish to change your E-ZPass account, or simply have questions, you can access Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on-line, and receive assistance by phone or in-person at one of our walk in centers. You can also:
- Apply for an E-ZPass prepaid account
- Make changes to your account (e.g., new vehicle purchase)
- Change your E-ZPass payment option
- Request additional E-ZPass transponders
- Report lost or stolen E-ZPass transponders
- Replenish your prepaid account balance
- Receive assistance with E-ZPass transponder installation
- Request an up-to-date statement of your account
- Pay or appeal DelDOT Violations
Customer Service Center walk-in service and telephone assistance are available Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Customer Service Center is located at 22-24 West Loockerman Street, Dover, DE 19904.
The Delaware Department of Transportation E-ZPass Toll Plaza offices are open Monday through Sunday, 24 hours each day. Locations:
- State Route 1, 200 Plaza Drive, Dover, Delaware, 19901
- State Route 1, 2111 Dupont Highway, Middletown, DE, 19709
- I-95 Toll Plaza, 1200 Whittaker Road @ I95, Newark, Delaware, 19702.
When you access your E-ZPass Account online, there are many things you can do:
- Update your account information
- View your statement
- Make a payment
- Check your account balance
- Add or remove a vehicle from your account
Always maintain a positive balance to keep your E-ZPass account in good standing. Update your account whenever your address, credit card, or vehicle information changes.